It is unpleasant to be swimming in grimy and dirty pool water, so there is a need for a well-functioning filter, which is a vital gadget for maintaining clean pool water. Our review article always answers the popular and bothering question: What is the best above ground pool sand filter? Because not everybody understands how the sand works in the swimming pool filtration mechanism for pool water distillation.
Sand Pool Filter reviews: 9 Top-rated Models
The under-listed products are 9 best-selling sand pool filters on the market in 2020.
1. Intex KrystalClear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools with 110-120V
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand filter system utilizes a vigorous 0.25 horsepower motor to maintain 1200 gallons per hour of water flow rate, which is equivalent to 1050 gallons per hour system rate. This device works perfectly with Intex above ground swimming pools with sixteen feet diameter or below. It is easy to operate with six substantive functions: drain, rinse, re-circulate, backwash, close, and standard filtration. This unit features a built-in time setter to choose your desire working hours every day. The featured user-friendly handle can withstand the continuous operation.
- The featured timer is adjustable
- Comes with one hydro aeration inlet fitting
- Cleanse 1200 GPH sand
- Stops after completing the set operating hours
- Features easy to operate the handle
- Needs sand replacement every five years
2. Intex 28635EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
Intex 28635EG Krystal Clear Cartridge is uniquely designed for 18′ above ground pool with one easy to clean and replaceable filter cartridge. This model is a must-buy for every above ground swimming pool owner, especially with 18ft diameter. This unit has a built-in timer to pick your desire operation hour, making the pump outstanding and easy to use. It is proud of its 1500 GPH flow rate and 1800 GPH system flow and utilizes Type A filter cartridges. This pump operates at 110-120 voltage and easy to install.
- Comes with dual insulated pump
- Features built-in timer to select operating hours
- Easy to maintain in a breeze
- Improve water filtration and circulation
- Has one replaceable filter cartridge
- The adapter is sold separately
3. Rx Clear Radiant 24 Inch Sand Filter System for In-Ground Pools
This Rx Clear Radiant is ergonomically designed for inground pool to handle filtration routines. This unit offers an efficient, and easy to install within a breeze. The core advantage of this RX Clear Radiant is the one-piece well-molded tank located at the top of the universal base suitable for all pumps. The pump incurs low operation and maintenance costs. The featured luster balls are clog-resistant and need less backwashing for adequate maintenance purposes. It is a perfect replacement for fiberglass, glass media, and sand filter.
- This model needs minimal backwash
- Easy-to-use operating system
- Compatible with various pools sizes
- Features 1.5-inch threaded connections
- The filter media are sold separately
4. Hayward W3S244T Pro-Series Sand Filter 24-Inch with Top-Mount
Hayward W3S244T ProSeries sand filter uses a meticulous umbrella-fold and self-cleaning system to offer magnificent flow and equal circulation of water for standard backwashing and durable performance. This unit is made from corrosion-resistant and durable materials for outstanding performance. The featured six-position 1.5 VariFlo valve is easy to operate for optimum efficiency. The flow rate makes sure that this pump consumes less energy to save you from an expensive electricity bill. To ensure crystal clear pool water with lesser care, this Hayward W3S244T ProSeries is an ideal pump to buy.
- Made from high-grade materials to work in all weather
- Available with side and top mount models
- Utilizes self-cleaning lateral system for better flow
- Ensures dependable operation and perfect for all in-ground pools
- The polymer on the tank is weak
5. Hayward ProSeries W3S166T 16-Inch Sand Filter, Top-Mount
The Hayward W3S244T ProSeries sand filter uses a careful umbrella folding and a self-cleaning system to ensure excellent flow and equal water distribution for routine backwashing and long-lasting performance. This device is produced from high-grade and corrosion-proof materials for incredible performance. The VariFlo 1.5 6-position valve is easy to use. Flow ensures this pump uses less energy to save an expensive electric bill. This Hayward W3S244T ProSeries is an ideal pump to ensure crystal clear water in the pool with minimal care.
- Suitable for use in heterogeneous application
- Made from high-grade materials
- This model ensures maximum efficiency
- Features self-cleaning lateral system
- Has some defect on the quality
6. Intex 26679EG Krystal Clear 2150 GPH Pump & Saltwater SandFilter System
Sand filtration is one of the most accessible techniques to maintain clear and fresh pool water. This device function does all natural but less expensive in doing exceptional water filtration jobs. This pump requires adequate replacement every five years to ensure easy maintenance of filtration. E.C.O. Saltwater systems (Electro catalytic Oxidation) can keep pool water clean and safe while getting rid of the water’s chlorine harshness. Intex has combined these two great systems into one product and offers low-maintenance to keep the pools clean, safe, and healthy for swimmers.
- Features automatic control for smooth daily operation
- Compatible with above ground pools within 4800 to 15000 gallons
- Comes with hydro aeration technology
- Improve circulation and filtration
- The timer has many defects
7. Bestway 58516E Flowclear Sand Filter Pump with GFCI Plug
This Bestway Flowclear Sand Filter is an environmentally-friendly for summer waves pool and safest way to keep your pool water clean. This system is more budget-friendly than running the conventional filtration system because the pump utilizes silica sand in place of the filter cartridge. The silica sand requires a constant change every couple of weeks and the system function by vacuuming through a hose to the filtration system. However, the water passes through the system quickly to capture all dirt and debris. Filtered water will then be pumped down through the pool inlet. Separation of debris and sand will indicate that the corrosion-proof tank is full.
- Filter the pool water effectively
- Easy to assemble for added convenience
- Compatible with above ground pools
- Needs replacement every couple of weeks
8. XtremepowerUS 24″ Above ground Pool Sand Filter System 7-Way Multi-Port Valve
This XtremepowerUS sand pool filter is uniquely engineered for 24′ above ground pool to proffer a maximum flow rate for promoting water quality. This filter ensures the sand height is on the same level to expose the water to the sand surface level while providing consistent performance, efficient backwashing, and maximum filtration. The core benefit of this pump is the well-molded tank placed at the top of the base, which supports most of the pump. It also includes a top mount and 7-position multiple port valve with a large-capacity sand bed to trap more debris.
- Available with threaded connections and user manuals
- Comes with a high-capacity sand bed
- Has flange clamp design for 360-degree rotation
- Features up to 300lbs of sand
- The multiport can crack around the union port and leak water
9. Blue Wave 22-Inch Sand Filter System with 1-1/2 HP Pump
Blue Wave Sand Filter System is produced under strict quality controls and built to last for years. This pump works at high efficiency, which is in collaboration with the unique engineering of the sand filter to provide high-efficiency flow rates to ensure that your water is free from dust, dirt, and bacteria. This model allows passage of 24000 gallons of water within 8 hours timeframe to ensure that your above ground pool is clean and fresh. It is easy to assemble and straightforward to install with most of the required accessories come with it. This item has an anti-corrosion base, superior pump, fittings and connectors, flange clamps, gauge, 6-position multiport valves.
- Made corrosion-resistant materials to withstand heavy usage
- Straightforward to use and assemble
- Works at high-efficiency
- Comes with all needed accessories
- The product is of poor quality
The below listed points are what to look forward to in any pool pump filter system you want to buy:
It is vital to make sure that the sand filter system you want to choose supports your current swimming pool pumping system to put adequate pressure in place capable of pumping the water via the filter system.
Gallons per Hour
Ascertain the number of hours required to run your system and the total quantity of water inside your swimming pool. Carry out an appropriate calculation of the gallons per hour and opt for the pump strong enough to deliver gallons per hour (GPH).
Your size matters most, but you will need at least one square foot for every 10000 gallons of water in your swimming pool. However, it will be of great advantage, get a larger filter above the required size. For more outstanding performance, you may need to go above the size your manufacturer recommended for you.
Ease of Installation
Considering the technicality involved in the installation procedures of any product you want to buy, any product you can install yourself is an excellent option because that will save you from spending extra expenses on calling for an expert from outside.
It may be disheartening to buy a product this month and break down the following month. To avoid this embarrassing scenario, it is essential to ensure that you choose a filter made from high-quality materials.
It is good to get the best sand pool filter pump to keep your pool free of sand and other particles. Since it can be a hassle to find the best product on the market, this article is aimed to ease your stress, and it consists of the nine best-selling products where you can choose the best one that suits your needs.