It is one thing to own a pool and is another thing entirely to keep it clean all the time. However, there are numerous options outside there, but we decided to select the top-rated products to review. But before we go farther, what is the best swimming pool sweeper to buy? Some of these best products are durable, features extreme suction power, and lastly, incurs low maintenance costs.
Pool Sweep Reviews: 8 Top-rated Models
The below-listed products are 8 most top-selling pool sweeps on the market in 2020.
1. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Tangle-Free Cord
Dolphin Nautilus bot cleaner is one of the best automatic cleaners in terms of performance and reasonable price. However, this model is not too cheap, but it adds significant value for the money invested in it. This item is capable of cleaning any pool that is 50 feet deeper and scrubs every angle without leaving any parts. You only need to set the working schedule and put it inside your pool, and it will automatically get to work. Dolphin Nautilus comes with double-scrubbing brushes for effective dirt removal and dual oversized top-load filters for trapping debris.
- Features efficient tangle-free cables
- Saves much energy
- Equipped with enough power to clean up to 50 feet pool
- Dual top-load filter and scrubbing brushes
- The manufacturer has poor customer relations
2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner for 33ft Pools
This average-priced swimming cleaner is almost the same as Dolphin Nautilus CC. It provides similar to the Dolphin Premier counterpart with the featured double brushes and CleverClean technology to map out dirt from the pool. However, this model is engineered for effective cleaning of 33 feet small pools in two hours while utilizing its double load cartridge filters. The machine uses its superior filtering capabilities to clean and scrub stain spots in your pool effortlessly while you are relaxing or busy doing other house chores.
- Features top-load filter bag with large capacity
- This model does all the hard work
- Saves you from the expensive energy bill
- It is an agile and efficient cleaner
- Works well with small swimming pools
3. Aquabot Junior Automatic Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner
This Aquabot Junior is engineered to effectively clean and scrub spotted stains from your inground swimming pool. The Aquabot Junior will climb your pool lower wall to cleanse and filter out micro dirt and other contaminants from the pool water. This product uses ultra-fine filter bags to filter down two microns (the smallest particles). The featured microprocessor and ergonomic floatation enable it to turn and clean any pool surface systematically. This model is water, energy, and chemical-saving cleaner.
- Substantially reduces the use of chemical
- This unit is easy to use
- Does the hard work for you
- Uses ultra-fine filter bags for trapping smallest particles
- Utilizes internal microprocessor for directional turning
- Cannot clean the pool waterline
4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
If you desire to procure a pool cleaner with an outstanding design and incredible performance, this Polaris Vac-Sweep is an ideal model for you to buy. It is a globally renowned brand famous for producing high-quality and easy to use pool cleaner. This item supports Polaris 280 and 480 cleaners. The model is equipped with a robust three-wheel design. The featured large capacity filter basket ensures the maximum collection of the debris before it gains access to the pump basket and elongates the pool filtration system’s lifespan.
- Works with a booster pump for maximum cleaning power
- Comes with massive capacity filter baskets
- It sweeps and vacuums the pool floor and wall
- Capable of capturing oversize debris
- Needs a separate booster pump
5. Polaris Vac-Sweep Pressure Side Automatic Cleaner for Above Ground Vinyl Pools
Any pool owner looking for a cleaner that will meet and surpasses all its expectation should look after this Polaris Vac-Sweep 65. This device operates with a conventional pump and filtration system of above ground pools and scrubs the floor and side in less than three hours. This product utilizes iconic filter bags to trap debris such as pebbles, and twigs before reaching the pump. This action usually elongates the lifespan of the filtration system. This unit is very much compatible with above ground pools and easy to install.
- Filtration bags prevents debris from reaching the pump
- Vacuums the pool in less than 3 hours or less
- Easy to install
- Supports all above ground pools of 5ft
- It does not clean the whole pools
- The bag does not stay on the pool floor
6. Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Black Max Pool Cleaner
The Polaris Black Max Pressure Side Cleaner is suitable for pebble tec and needs a booster pump to work. The double-jet design powers this device to provide higher vacuuming performance, which ensures faster cleaning action in three hours or less. 280 is connected to an exclusive pressure line so you can rinse, sweep and vacuum all surfaces of your swimming pool. This cleaning product is equipped with a filter bag inside which large debris such as leaves, pebbles, and acorns are deposited.
- Works perfectly in any inground pools regardless of size
- Comes with 31ft feed hose
- Runs independently
- Features large capacity single filter bag
- Powered by an external booster pump
- Requires separate booster pump
7. Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Innovative Suction Side Robotic Pool Cleaner
Zodiac Baracuda G3 is a highly durable pool cleaner for leaves. This unit is solidly built to last for a long time while providing outstanding cleaning performance. The cleaner features a FlowKeeper valve, which regulates the water flow to offer incredible cleaning performance with a lesser horsepower pump. Unlike other cleaners that make terrible noise while working, this unit is very silent while running. It has a wheel deflector to ease movement around stiff corners of the pool. The featured scuff-resistant hose gets rid of all scuffs from your pool surface.
- Features powerful suction
- Easy to assemble and operates quietly
- Comes with a 36-fin disc to enhance pool surface adhesion
- Made from high-quality materials
- The installation instruction is poorly written
8. VINGLI Pool Vacuum Cleaner Automatic Sweeper with Powerful Suction
This VINGLI Pool automatic cleaner is engineered to efficiently clean the wall sides and the bottom surface of your pool. VINGLI Pool Vacuum Cleaner has numerous suctions that saves it from being stuck. The cleaner operates silently, unlike other terrible noise-making cleaners on the market. VINGLI cleaner requires no technical skills to assemble and enables you to clean your pool without stress. It is equipped with much power to remove all small debris and dirt in the pool. This unit comes with high-quality 10 hoses that allow you to reach all sides of your swimming pool.
- Has an excellent suction power
- Easy to set up
- Comes with scuff-resistant hose
- It can stop working at any time
The pool sweeper to buy depends on the type of your swimming pool, the included features, and your pool cleaning frequency. Before you finalize your decision and opt for a particular cleaner, consider the following things.
Each pool cleaner is constructed to clean as much space as possible. And most vacuum cleaners have two different models to satisfy different needs. Remember that while you can buy a sturdy and more powerful cleaning product to clean a small pool, it may not be the cheapest model for you.
The shape of your pool matters most; if your pool is curved, you will need a cleaner that can handle corners or curvy spaces without getting stuck but can also penetrate every corner of the pool to remove all dirt. If you have a large pool, cleaning the pool with a manual cleaner will take much longer than the automatic pool cleaner.
Popular brand names do not necessarily mean you will get the expected cleaning result, but getting the most popular product has some perks. Having the most popular cleaner offers some advantages. Popular pool brands are more likely to have lots of spare parts when you need them. But they also tend to have better customer service because they have a lot to lose.
The cleaner cable is essential, but you must ensure that the product you want to buy has a twisting cord instead of an ordinary cleaner without a cable. That swiveling cord prevents tangling and enables the sweeper to move freely around your pool surface and reach out to every nook and cranny of the pool that should be cleaned.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to sweep a swimming pool?
- Quickly and easily assemble your pool sweep by attaching the head to the telescopic pole.
- Off the skimmer basket and connect one end of your hose to the sweeper’s head.
- Set your filter valve, for lighter sweeping, set your multiport valve to Filter, and for extreme filtration process, set your system to waste.
- Starting your swimming pool
- Once you know your pool is swept to your satisfaction stage, change your filter setting, and disconnect the system and hoses.
Q: How does a pool sweep work?
A: The sweeper is attached to a suction port that draws water from the swimming pool and filters it. When the pump is sucked in, it will move around the pool surface and collect dirt. The pressure side pool cleaner works on the pressure side of your filter pump.
Selecting the best pool sweep is crucial since you are using it to keep your swimming pool clean and save you from the stress of going through the hectic process of cleaning the pool yourself. However, the pool sweeper you want to pick must be capable of providing expected results for you. This guide is compiled to fast-track your process and aid your decision to purchase an outstanding product.